Union Fenosa Distribucion has invited AMforum to Madrid
Visit to GIS and modular substations
April 20, 2009
Hosted by UFD and ARCE, this meeting facilitated open discussions on various topics by 19 participants from 7 countries.
For supporting members, the REPORT can be found in the Forum protected pages.
- GIS disconnector with combined functions.
- Maintenance activities / intervals, gas sampling regimes, new gas testing instruments
- extension of existing substations : strategy & economic issue
- strategic spares for GIS systems not any more in production ,
- GIS spares and intervention time guarantees by manufacturers
- GIS mid-life overhauls
- GIS sharing information about maintenance, commissioning, putting in service best practices, spare strategy
- SF6 leak detection in GIS
- Tapchangers and transformers (Recent failures/ policy regarding manual operation of tap-changers / life extension of power transformer by refurbishment / major overhaul at mid-life including drying of oil, replacing gaskets etc)
- Transformer mid-life overhauls
- LTC maintenance strategy and commissioning
- HV Tests during commissioning.
- Dynamic testing OLTC
- "Stuck Circuit Breaker Issues" (Frequency of exercising mechanisms, policy regarding lubrication / degreasing / trip timing optimisation tests / PROFILE testing at higher voltages)
- NEDeRS (A brief explanation of the use of NEDeRS in the UK)
- Experience of vacuum retrofit CBs and test standards
- Visibility of substation notices
- Recent success with online radiometric partial discharge testing in transmission and distribution stations.
- Disconnecting circuit-breaker, specifying•
CABLES AND LINES
- Quality assurance policy (substations, pylons)
- Underground cables, maintenance policy
Strategic Repair Capability for Major Outages.
Around the table - topics of concern
Future planning of our activities:
Meeting in the fall of 2009
TenneT The Netherlands
CE Electric UK
EA Technology UK