Prague Executive meeting
our host ČEPS- Czech TSO http://www.ceps.cz/
Date: March 16, 2007 [REPORTS]
Location: ČEPS office Elektrárenská 774
at this meeting we discuss and evaluate issues
listed, based on their importance for the group, and try to establish
"preference" for our Forum discussions and workshop, scheduled for this October
I have grouped the issues into technical, strategic, and planning for Cyprus
1. Technical issues
a. GIS: compact prefabricated outdoor GIS bays - experience
b. SF6: TSO implementation in starting SF6 certification due to new European directive 842/2006. Each member state must answer EU for June 2007 how they will deal with this.
c. Recent events in your company : problem and solutions
d. predictive tools for substations
e. Oil sampling of CTs and VTs.
2. Strategic issues
Strategy of restructuring companies - we have received several interesting scenarios happening at this very moment in Europe - so discussion of
possible "Do's and don'ts" in asset management will be useful based on the following information:
The grid to be managed by our co. will be roughly 4 times as large (in numbers of assets/substations/overhead lines, not geographically). The form
of management is to be agreed with the current grid managers, both the initial and the definitive form, including what will happen with the staff
now performing maintenance on those grids.
- experience with taking over management of existing grids? Management in what form? Lessons learned, do's and don'ts for the process of taking over?
- experience with a central asset management/regional service provider organization model? How is this organized?
Unbundling and change from a partner system on the transmission level to a single owner system
What will be the future of our 110-kV-grid which stays in our company? Are there any recommendations if it could stay alone or if it should merge with other voltage levels?
There is already serious disagreement over Maintenance Policy between asset owner and operator:
What percentage of asset value should be spent on Planned Maintenance.
What strategy do companies employ to get maximum return for their spend.
3. Planning discussion for the Cyprus FORUM
Topics proposed for the forum are :
1. Handling of oil in power transformers
2. Handling of SF6
3. Network refurbishment policies
Topic proposed for the Workshop : AM software tools linked with GIS or data management solutions
15. March 7 p.m. - meeting in the hotel lobby - group dinner in Prague downtown "U Zlateho Lva", Ovocny trh 17, hosted by CEPS.
16. March 8:30 a.m. - meeting in
the hotel lobby - transfer to CEPS office (Elektrarenska 774, Prague 10)
16. March 9:15 - 12:00 - meeting in CEPS office (room No. C404)
16. March 12:00 - 13:00 - buffet lunch
16. March 13:00 - 16:00 - meeting continues
16. March 17:30 - meeting in the hotel lobby - guided tour of Prague and dinner in old city
Getting there from the airport:
If you want to have it the cheapest and most probably also the fastest take public bus number 119 go to its end station, then take METRO line A (it’s again its end station where you start) and go to station named FLORA. The hotel is 50 m walk from METRO. This will cost you just one public traffic ticket for 20,- Kc (1 EUR is now about 27,- Kc). If you want to have it the most comfortable take taxi. It will cost you about 600,- Kc. In both cases it will take about 45 minutes.
Map of Prague http://www.mapy.cz
to see location of meeting and hotel on this interactive
map - copy and paste the following into the map:
Elektrárenská 774, Praha 10
Lucemburska 46, Praha 3